the ghostbusters workbench
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

acusing people, recasters and alike

3 posters

Go down

acusing people, recasters and alike Empty acusing people, recasters and alike

Post  Admin Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:49 pm

lets get something straight,
if people come here its for talking and enjoying the company, even to sell, we do it all here.
if you want to start something with them then send them a pm.
if bought something form them, then you can post in the thread and comment on it or ask questions about ur order.
the only persons that should be making accusations of someone, should have had a deal with that person, and have documentation to back it up.

this board is about giving people another chance, if they have been banned from other boards.

i also know people have the tendency to do say in the heat of the time, or get caught up in a argument, we don't ban for this.

at the same time, i will say we do not like recasters. if anyone has done this in the past we will let you start new here, if there is a accusation about something you sell here, not something in the past, but something here, we will research the situation fairly, if you are found to be guilty you will be put on a saleing probation, for 3 months, after which you can sell again, if caught doing it again you will not be allowed to sell but you will not be banned either.

i want to make it clear to everyone, i dont like nor want to ban anyone, i want this site to be a huge group of friends that can talk and have fun, so lets just try to keep conversations civil. unless in the battle dome

Admin
Admin

https://ghostbusterswbench.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

acusing people, recasters and alike Empty Re: acusing people, recasters and alike

Post  propfan Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:39 pm

So apparently free speech only counts if you're pals with the admin? You're going to kill your opportunity for a real forum if you encourage recasters to give it another go here. You think people want to hang out on a forum where the people that have ripped others off are free to most likely do it again? Do you JUST want people that were banned or do you want other people as well? People aren't going to risk their reputations on other more reputable forums by hanging out on ones with questionable reputations.

I am sure you'll turn it into some sort of conspiracy of the 'meanies' on other forums being out to shut you down, but trust me, you'll do it to yourself simply by encouraging the people that are considered lowlifes on other forums to join because you'll consider their slate clean.

As for the person in question that brought this topic about, he's been proven a recaster. I saw it all play out and he was give ample opportunity.

propfan

Back to top Go down

acusing people, recasters and alike Empty Re: acusing people, recasters and alike

Post  Admin Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:30 pm

a form was created for debate, complete free speech goes on there, there's no need to crowed a topic with hatred agenst a person,
if you want to call a person out and have a heated public debate with them do so in the battle dome, no mod or admin will touch anything siad there.

im a member of all the sites proptopia, gbfans, rpf, nightowl, hma, the list could go on and on,
i know what has goes on at each one and has in the past, i know who was accused and by what, but everyone deserves another chance.
i know some people are banned form other forms, some are giving a fair chance, some are giving no chance and pushed out, some are given more then enough of a fair chance, but that is at other forms, everyone who comes here will start with a clear slate. end of discussion.
believe it or not, people can change and become beneficial members of a community if given a chance.

"I am sure you'll turn it into some sort of conspiracy "
and for the record don't judge someone you don't know. there is no conspiracy, what happens here happens upon our own accord.

plus take into account your first post here was to attack another user. you say we dont want some people here, yet your first few post here have been to attack another member of the site,

now do we believe people should not know about a person past before dealing with them, no,
we do believe people deserve a second chance, but the past can not be forgotten, forgiven yes, forgotten no, both buyer and seller can learn from a past.
people should be aware, and we hope any seller that has had problems selling in the past would learn form his mistakes,
if not he can loose the privialge of selling here, but we will not ban him for it. he can still be a productive member of a community, just not allowed to sell

as you know gbfans has a feedback section if you were to just post a link to the feedback of a user, in a thread, there is no problem, there, that is not attacking someone in there thread that is offering information.

other then that this is the end of this discussion in this thread, if you want to continue it though pm, i will be happy to talk to you about this matter.

Last edited by Admin on Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  propfan Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:53 am

By giving people who have essentially stolen from friends another chance you're going to be keeping people away who actually have honor and don't want to be associated with such behavior. You want to give people a second chance because they were banned for "political" reasons, then good on you, but you're setting up your forum to be considered a haven for recasters if you're willing to turn a blind eye to past behavior simply because it didn't happen here. If you're familiar with other forums then you should also be familiar with how such places are considered by the bulk of the prop community when recasters are given chances to screw people over again.

The battle dome is nothing but an attempt to give the impression of free speech while censoring in places where it actually matters. Not that you have anything happening here, but people aren't going to go read flame war threads to see if a seller is reputable or go hunting on other forums to see if someone who is intentionally using a different screen name has a history they don't want to support. See the problem? If you're not going to try and protect your members then you're only going to have one sort of member here.

propfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:54 pm

excuse me, i don't want to be rude, i know you can read so once again
"other then that this is the end of this discussion in this thread, if you want to continue it though pm, i will be happy to talk to you about this matter."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Raysoccult Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:29 pm

wow. Shocked
Raysoccult
Raysoccult

Back to top Go down

Post  Raysoccult Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:46 am

Way to stand up for what you believe ADMIN Very Happy You make me proud.
Raysoccult
Raysoccult

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum