the ghostbusters workbench
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rules of the battle dome

3 posters

Go down

Rules of the battle dome Empty Rules of the battle dome

Post  Admin Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:02 pm

this form is in case you have beef with someone and they dont answer pms, or you want to make your fight public.
but there are rules,

the title of the post should be "your name vs their name"
in ur first post you are not allowed to start any badmouthing, you state what your problem is with them and ask them to accpet a public convo about it

they will have to post weather or not they accpet a public convo or would rather do it by pm.

if they accpet a public convo, its a free for all, you are free to say whatever you want, the argument can get as heated as a volcano, no mod or admin will interfair.

to the person accepting the public convo, you have the right to request no outsider post in the convo, mod and admin will delete any post by other people if you choose this, if not then anyone can join in.

no one will be banned by anything said here,

Admin
Admin

https://ghostbusterswbench.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Rules of the battle dome Empty Re: Rules of the battle dome

Post  Specter Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:27 am

Wasn't there already something like this on the website in it's first form, before it "changed management" If I recall correctly it was removed because all it did was create more problems then it solved? I'm certain the feature was here when this sight originally started.

Specter

Back to top Go down

Post  propfan Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:32 pm

Freedom of speech, but only where and when you're told to do it...

propfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:50 pm

there was, but sometimes people need to argue it out, just everyone else should not have to read though it in a post unless they want to. why flood a topic with bickering when it can be done in a area.

propfan, freedom of speech is a great thing, some country's dont have it. we are lucky enough to, but just like every other freedom it can also be abused, some people can use it to be dicks, everyone has a opinion, not everyone agrees or see the same views on all topics,

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  propfan Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:54 am

Sorry, but the logic of keeping "arguments" out of their relevant threads is flawed. You don't want people to have to read through pages of arguments so you set up a section where there will be pages of arguments...so instead people (in this case buyers) would have to read through a completely different thread to see how someone may or may not be a complete dick? You've set it up so that sellers can be dicks and most people not really know about it unless they want to waste their time looking through flame war threads. There have been many times where I have decided I don't want to deal with someone because they act like a petty ass towards customers, and wouldn't otherwise know if it didn't take place IN the sale thread.

propfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:55 pm

and at the same time there are people who would rather not sit there and read a flame war happing back and forth, there's at least 2 sides of views,
if provided a link of feedback it is also the buyers responsibility to look into it and read about who hes dealing with. ignorance is not a excuse.

having this section of the site, is just not so flame wars dont take place in a sellers thread, but the whole site, you cant say ok flame wars can go on in the sellers thread but not the rest of the site, there has to be a line somewhere,

what if it was a seller that has done nothing wrong, and someone did not like him, just dident get along with him, and started bad mouthing him, that would fall under ur freedom of speech, just because hes being a ass should i delete his post? then im accused of censoring, what if people read his post and believe it to be true, even if its not.

the fairest thing to both sides, is to have a place where people can vent and be a dick if they want. but at the same time rules must apply, or there's trouble to follow, if he makes a post in this area, and the other person agrees to a public debate, they can say whatever they want, no one will bother them. and you gotta remember this isent just about sellers, but anyone on the site, one member having a problem with another member, i cant just let one person go off crazy bad mouthing another member seller or not, its not fair to that member

what if its not a sellers thread, what if its just a topic, and a flame war breaks out, should i let it go on? should people really have to sit though pages of pointless war to read about a topic they want to read? no, once again the fairest thing to all is a place for this.

some people will say it was a stupid idea, some make like it, yin and yang, you cant please eveyrone all the time, if i sat here trying to listing to each side arugements and put it to a debate weather or not to have this section and flame wars happen on once place we would never come to a answer and if we did one side would not be pleased.

the important thing here is you cant look at it just on a sellers thread, you have to think about the whole site, you cant say, ok you can do it in a sellers thread but not other topics, and you cant say you can do it other topics but not a sellers thread,
we can rule out of wanting it in both places, and you cant pick one or the other or people call it unfair censorship,
so the best option is to create a place for it.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  propfan Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:50 am

Sale threads are more important in terms of people knowing if the seller is a prick, untrustworthy, and so on, because money is on the line. When you completely separate any dick-like behavior from sale threads and only allow people to post links to other locations where there MAY be some sort of relevant information in the midst of just fighting for the sake of fighting then you're whitewashing the situation and saying "well the info is still there if you scrape enough away".

I hadn't engaged in any flaming, or even irrelevant discussion about person opinion of Charles in his sale thread. I pointed out that he's recast, that he never provided any proof or even bothered to reply to the accusations, and voiced my opinion with the implication that he's practicing a revisionist history to make himself look innocent of anything I stated was found of his quality and history. You're basically saying it's ok for him to say "I sell the best quality and 100% not recast parts" but not for me to say "no you don't" which are both equally conjecture without proof. His proof is nothing more than his word and people who are probably his friends saying "yeah best parts ever!", my proof is the fact that he was banned for those actions and poor quality on multiple sites, and discussions that took place in the past about both.

propfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:31 pm

most feedback threads gives the right information, you dont have to scrape away, otherwise your saying the information available on gbfans feedback site is crap.
by post the link you give a buyer a chance to read about the seller, it is up to thim weather or not to.

"I hadn't engaged in any flaming, or even irrelevant discussion about person opinion of Charles in his sale thread. I pointed out that he's recast, that he never provided any proof or even bothered to reply to the accusations, and voiced my opinion with the implication that he's practicing a revisionist history to make himself look innocent of anything I stated was found of his quality and history. "

you say you did no harm but just posted ur views, a great quote is "It is always with the best intentions that the worst work is done"
you may not have had no bad intentions other then informing buyers which i can respect, but you saw that it created a war between members, even if its just friends of a seller lashing out, it still creates a war, and all that is going to happen is pages of people brining up the same topic back and forth, over and over and over and over and over and over again.

You're basically saying it's ok for him to say "I sell the best quality and 100% not recast parts" but not for me to say "no you don't" which are both equally conjecture without proof.
i will agree with you to a point there, he can say it, but any good buyer should not buy anything without a picture and description of a item.
how about we find a meeting ground on this one, i will make a rule that anything being post to sell has to have a picture and description of the product? its the way it should be after all

and you were big on freedom of speech, but you should know you cant have ur cake and eat it too. you can say its ok in the sellers thread, and not other areas, then you are censoring. the only way to win is a separate place,

::edit:: i was just rereading over his thread, and notice you just siad other sites, you can actually post the link to the actually feedback thread
http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2569
people dont have to go hunt for it if the link is there, maybe thats where we had a miss understanding, and if needing im not even agesnt direct quotes form that page from buyers in a seller thread, i will allow that, but at the same time anyone could post direct quotes of positive feedback also. but quotes must only be from buyers not just people chiming in. if its a accusation, ima going to have to make the judgement call of leaving it out and just letting people go to the link and read, i know you may not fully agree with this. and will most likely have a point to argue.

like i siad i like to give people a second chance, but a second chance does not mean a escape form the past, it is up to the seller to prove they have change by their actions, and if its proven they have not change, i have no problem with not allowing them to sell here. but as i siad i will not ban them

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  propfan Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:10 am

I never claimed to not be doing any harm, I said I was informing people.

I didn't post the links to the topics because I believe the one on GB Fans has fallen off the board, and am not sure what forums require people to be logged in to read them.

Here is the discussion about him recasting a part from another member:
Proptopia - http://www.proptopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5921
RPF - http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=46533&

He was given like a month by the person who he recast to give some proof or fess up, and longer still by RPF staff. To which his only response was pretty much "I didn't do it."

Making people post photos is an ok step, but he always posted misleading photos of the best casts, and in the case of the mentioned recast item, never posted a photo. His modus operandi is to post that he sells stuff perhaps with a couple photos (often of finished pieces) with the asterisk that they may need some minor sanding (again misleading), he then asks people to email him for a list of parts and prices. It's also been questioned whether he changes his prices depending on the person asking. The question of quality from him was never that some casts weren't perfect, it was that you never knew what you'd get when you ordered from him. I had some parts that were pretty clean, and others of the same part that were complete garbage, and I paid the same price for both.

Regardless, you've not got feedback threads set up here, and comparing those to "Battle Dome" threads isn't even close.

propfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:55 pm

the thing about them post is they all happend in 2008, its been long enough to say he derserves a second chance, it it just happend last month and he came here to sell, i would be sideing with you on not letting him,

im not saying he did and im not saying he dident, im just saying its been long enough that he does earn himself a second chance, people can change.

posting misleading photos i cant not help agents that's where buyers feedback come from,

i wasn't trying to compare feedback threads to the battle dome, battle dome is for argueing, not feedback, i am setting up feedback threads though, would have done it yesterday but dident have the time.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum