the ghostbusters workbench
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light kit assembly??????????????????????????

4 posters

Go down

Light kit assembly?????????????????????????? Empty Light kit assembly??????????????????????????

Post  bluerotary22 Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:14 pm

i am in the process of building the light kit for my pack from scratch. first off, i am building the barrel lights that flash all kinds of screwed up sequences when the button is pressed. i tried to connect my button to the lights and the lights still flash when the button is NOT pressed. when i press the button, it turns off the circuit. it does this no matter which way i connect the button. whats the deal with that? is there a certain button i need to get? help please!!!!!!!????!!
bluerotary22
bluerotary22

Back to top Go down

Light kit assembly?????????????????????????? Empty Re: Light kit assembly??????????????????????????

Post  Raysoccult Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:27 pm

give me more details on how you hooked up the circuit.
Raysoccult
Raysoccult

Back to top Go down

Light kit assembly?????????????????????????? Empty Re: Light kit assembly??????????????????????????

Post  Admin Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:02 pm

if i understand what your saying, you have the wrong button, the buttion you have is Push-to-break = SPST Momentary you want a Push-to-make = SPST Momentary,

Admin
Admin

https://ghostbusterswbench.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Raysoccult Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:07 pm

yep what he said. It has to be the button. That was my first guess. Try it with a toggle you will see it works.....im guessing. Just go to the SHACK and splain to them and they should hook you up with the right swtich....or go to an electronics surplus place. Its the switch man I promise.
Raysoccult
Raysoccult

Back to top Go down

Post  Raysoccult Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:08 pm

either that or you accidentally wired the leds directly to your power source. I made that mistake once. LOL.
Raysoccult
Raysoccult

Back to top Go down

Post  bluerotary22 Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:57 am

i figured it out right after i put up the posting on here. i had a close instead of open switch.
bluerotary22
bluerotary22

Back to top Go down

Post  Raysoccult Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:33 pm

there ya go man.
Raysoccult
Raysoccult

Back to top Go down

Post  bluerotary22 Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:50 pm

i just ordered my bargraph for the gun. it has the yellow leds instead of the red ones. i already made the lights for the gun barrel activated by the push button on the trigger box. i used blue and red alternating flashing leds for the barrel. next i am going to wire up the rest to all of the switches. the activate switch will control the slo-blo light which will flash, and the two lights on the top of the gun, the red will stay lit while the white flashes. the other two switches will control the orange cap light which will stay lit, the grill light, the bargraph, and the complete power on/off supply. once i have all of the lights wired, i am going to add the sound to the pack controlled by the switches on the gun as all packs do. once the gun lights are complete, then i am going to make the cyclotron lights controlled by the on/off power switch on the gun. i am then going to obtain the power cell lights from another source since i cant figure out how to make them work accurately. i dont know where to find them, if anybody has a suggestion, feel free to pm me to let me know. i will post videos of my work once i get it done. should only be about a week or two.
bluerotary22
bluerotary22

Back to top Go down

Post  Raysoccult Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:51 am

There was a guy on ebay selling them. If you a brave you could venture into cyberspace and seek exoray or proptronix.
Raysoccult
Raysoccult

Back to top Go down

Post  bluerotary22 Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:39 am

the one on ebay is not movie accurate. the leds go up, then they go back down instead of shutting off once they reach the top. and the other two people you mentioned are a little bit pricey.
bluerotary22
bluerotary22

Back to top Go down

Post  Raysoccult Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:42 pm

i agree. proptronix is cheaper tho still wants way to much. There is a do it yourself diagram somewhere but you either need a breadboard or you have to etch the board yourself. I could do it if it were the bread board but they dont give clear cut details how to do it (Gee I wonder why?). Your best bet is to contact a guy on ebay who does the chaser kits. Tell him what you want and he should hook you up for anywhere from 14-35 bucks.
Raysoccult
Raysoccult

Back to top Go down

Post  Specter Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:37 am

For 14-25 buck? LOL you crack me up Chris. Why not say from 15-35 lol why 14? You just made my day with your randomness.

Specter

Back to top Go down

Post  Raysoccult Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:08 pm

ok 15
Raysoccult
Raysoccult

Back to top Go down

Post  bluerotary22 Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:51 pm

what is the guys ebay screen name? i want to try to get a hold of him soon. thanks!
bluerotary22
bluerotary22

Back to top Go down

Post  bluerotary22 Wed May 05, 2010 10:11 pm

a seller on ebay by the name of zombie amusements sold me a bargraph for the power cell for $38.00 shipped with a speed controller. i also just got my sound chip from replicaprops and it is amazing. i am going to add 2 3"x5" speakers with a 3 1/2" sub to the sound for more power ahahaha. the sound chip actually has a volume control built into pins 4 and 5. cyclotron lights are done by me, the guns lights (bargraph, barrel lights, and grill lights) are finished. all i need to do to complete my gb1 pack is gb1 ribbon cable, install powercell lights when received, install sound, and install slo-blo, red, white, and yellow led lights with clip covers to the top of gun then walah!!!finished!!! sounds like alot, but in reality, probably 2 days of work.
bluerotary22
bluerotary22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum