the ghostbusters workbench
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sound kits???.................

4 posters

Go down

sound kits???................. Empty sound kits???.................

Post  bluerotary22 Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:20 pm

i am going to be making a custom sound kit that costs little to nothing to do. i am going to try to use a sound/voice recorder.....the kind where you push the button, record your sound, release, then hit the play button to play it. costs me about $8.00 total off of ebay. the only bad thing is that each sound will need its own recorder, but still will only cost little bits of cash to do. the power up, power down, and firing. all will be wired accordingly to on/off switches. i am going to wire all of them to a home stereo amp, tweeter, and 6"-8" subwoofer. i think it will work fantastic once i get all the kinks out of it. what i will do is build this thing, then once i get it working properly, i will put the instructions up for everybody to take action from. i am going to get the sounds from hprops.com. all of the sounds will be coming in through the same tweeter and sub setup instead of each recorder having its own speaker setup. dont worry, i am going to cut the wires to the record button once i get the sound i like. wish me luck!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250461770981&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
bluerotary22
bluerotary22

Back to top Go down

sound kits???................. Empty Re: sound kits???.................

Post  Raysoccult Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:15 pm

if this is easier than the replica props way I am VERY excited!
Raysoccult
Raysoccult

Back to top Go down

Post  bluerotary22 Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:09 am

it should work. and alot cheaper too. ill be the experimentee for this little project, if it works, i will offer kits for sale, pretty much plug and play for a low price.
bluerotary22
bluerotary22

Back to top Go down

Post  Raysoccult Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:19 pm

AWESOME!
Raysoccult
Raysoccult

Back to top Go down

Post  ghostbuster parts maker Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:22 am

If it works and it has a loud enough sound count me in

ghostbuster parts maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Raysoccult Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:28 am

I have a similar idea which would only require you to do two things. 1. Snip the record button wires so you can not record any more sounds accidentally (of course if installed inside the pack yo ushouldnt have to worry about it) and 2. Wire up the on and off switches accordingly. If all you want is power up, like when Ray says switch me on, fire, and power down after firing, then all you need is three of those 8 dollar voice recorders, and two toggle switches and a push button switch. AND three mini amp/speakers from radioshack. They are $14.00 a piece and are loud enough for me. They are used for Stormtrooper voice amps. They are great because they have an input. SO if the voice recorder has a headfone jack you get a two way headphone wire that has the jack on each end. You plug one end into the recorder and the other end into the amp. Wire up your switches by hacking into the recorder or whatever you need do to solder the toggle/push switch to and you got sound. 66 bucks for three amp/speakers and 3 recorders. Not a bad way to go. I just have no clue how to wire up the switches. So I just thought I owuld throw it out there as an Idea.
Raysoccult
Raysoccult

Back to top Go down

Post  Specter Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:10 pm

I'm down for two kits....assuming they work, but since I have total faith in your skills so I'm not too concerned.

Specter

Back to top Go down

Post  bluerotary22 Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:41 pm

dont steal my idea now.....lol. this is what i planned on doing. have the parts on the way as i type. each recorder will have its own amp and speaker inside the pack with a total of 3 of each. you actually have to wire the two power wires together or else it wont work. the ground goes to the battery.
bluerotary22
bluerotary22

Back to top Go down

Post  Specter Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:45 pm

sounds genious man, I can't wait to see the kit and get one from you. Nice work man.

A CRUNCH bar is in order here...you...you've earned it.

Specter

Back to top Go down

Post  bluerotary22 Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:25 pm

well, let me start off by saying that the sound kit i was thinking of was a massive failure. i found a better, more efficient way of making the sound kit which will include a sound chip, a tweeter, a 6-8" subwoofer, and everything will be soldered to a board and enclosed in a project box. if i sold these, i would be asking at least $175.00 shipped. i think that this is a pretty generous price seeing how shipping is paid, and it comes with everything you need to plug and play. all that is needed is to hook up to the switches on the gun. the sound on these will be loud and crisp!!! believe me, once i finish mine, you will see for yourself and will probably hit me up with questions right away....guaranteed!!!!lol...anyhow, it will probably be done in about a month or so. i am not going to rush it seeing how it needs to be perfect. i am going to be building one for a real ghostbusters pack for my girlfriend for halloween to give it some realism.
bluerotary22
bluerotary22

Back to top Go down

Post  Specter Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:16 am

You can color me interested my man, I'm in for 1. Put me on the list.

Specter

Back to top Go down

Post  bluerotary22 Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:26 pm

to get things rolling along, i am going to need at least 2 purchases before i can start making them. the costs $175.00 per kit will help me get all the parts needed to build these kits. believe me, they will be fantastic. i dont have the funds to buy the parts myself, but i do have a check list of what i need and the 2 payments will cover everything and get all the parts including shipping costs. if i have 2 people or 1 person interested in 2 kits, then i will pm my paypal email and as soon as payment is made, then the buyer(s) can be expecting their kit(s) within 2 weeks.

the kit will include:

1 toggle switch

1 red or black push button switch (your choice)

1 tweeter speaker

1 six" or eight" subwoofer

sound mod chip

pre-wired and soldered

enclosed inside of a project box

ran off of a 9V battery (not included)

i heard one of these kits work and they sound just like the ones in the movie

pm me for payment info if interested. Thanks for looking.
bluerotary22
bluerotary22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down